Hello there lovely Lollipops readers! I’m Citlalli from Sew Beastly, and I am delighted to be here at Krystina’s lovely blog. I couldn’t be more excited to share this little tutorial with you today. This diy is an easy and inexpensive way to revamp those boring kitchen towels and give them a personal touch.
- Paintbrushes- You don’t necessarily need a particular kind, but I do recommend one that is strong enough to endure the pressure from blotting paint on surfaces. I prefer synthetic bristles.
- Kitchen towels- These can be old ones, new ones…. your choice.
- Freezer paper- Found at the grocery store next to the aluminum foil. Make sure it is the plastic coated one.
- Exacto knife- This will be used to cut out your stencil, so be sure to have a sharp blade.
- Opaque fabric paint- Please note that fabric paint and fabric dye are totally different. I recommend opaque fabric paint because it is thicker in consistency, which means the paint won’t be too watery and become a spot of paint instead of a painted design. I am using Jaquard brand paint since I haven’t heard a bad thing about the brand, and it has worked great for me in the past. My design uses only black, but feel free to experiment with different colors. I would recommend getting the primary colors+black and white. That’s as basic as you can get.